Medicare is a government insurance program available to anyone who is 65 years old or older. Eligibility for Medicare may, in some cases, also be available to individuals under 65 upon completion of 24 months on disability and any person of any age with End-Stage Renal Disease. Medicare will pay 80% of Medicare approved medical costs. Medicare supplements (Medigap) plans pay the remaining 20%. Plans known as Medicare supplements range from Plans A, B, C, D, F, high deductible F, G, K, L and N. The most popular of these plans are Plan F, G and high deductible F. There are four parts to Medicare.
Part A is Hospital insurance for inpatient care, skilled nursing facility, hospice, and home health care.
Part B is Medical Insurance for doctors visits and other healthcare providers, outpatient care, durable medical equipment (walker, wheelchair and shower chair) and home health care.
Part C, also known as Medicare Advantage, includes all of the benefits and services covered under Part A and B. These are paid by a Medicare approved private insurance company and usually include prescription drugs and may also include extra benefits such vision, dental and hearing for extra costs. Medicare Advantage plans may not be accepted by all health care providers and need to be checked to see if accepted.
Prescription drug plans is the 4th part of Medicare known is Part D.
Call Sheila to discuss the details!